Because of this ability of the horse to pick up on minute body signals, and their awareness of energy (Predatory verses not) they have managed to exist as a species for over 55 million years. (We are babies at only 200,000 years on earth). It is this perception and their brutal honesty in reaction to shifts in energy that show us the effects of our actions and authenticity when we work with them in partnership in an Equine Coaching arena. Thanks to their size, we can see this clearly and almost instantly.
We see what results from our actions and energy, then we shift what doesn’t work and can see the results of that transformation in real time.
That is why I refer to my horses as the best coaches ever, and why I now include them as part of my executive communication and presentation training.
When we take the lessons from the arena and move that transformed behavior into real-life the effects can be wonderfully dramatic in work and personal relationships.
- Leaders learn to learn with compassion and awareness that creates a healthier work environment for all.
- Boundaries in relationships can be strengthened to create a feeling of emotional safety.
- Voices can be strengthened and confidence empowered once you get a large animal to agree to work with you!
- Intuition is made more clear helping in decision-making.
- Get reacquainted with the feeling of being simply present and not overwhelmed by circumstances.